Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Have politics ever gotten in the way of a friendship/relationship 4 U?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12704641&mesg_id=12705827
12705827, RE: Have politics ever gotten in the way of a friendship/relationship 4 U?
Posted by MC_LOGIC, Thu Jan-22-15 01:59 PM
I had a friend who's a US Marshall who couldn't get past me being against police brutality. I made a facebook post about it on New Year's eve so I'll just copy and paste that here:

"I wanna get this out so I can leave it in 2014...this year I lost a few friends. Not due to death but because of life. The one that hurt most was a friend of mine that I've known for over 20 years. On Christmas Eve he sent me a text to tell me that we can't be friends because of our different views on the police brutality incidents that have been going on. He works in law enforcement and I know there's a brotherhood in that field but damn, man. For real...It's like that? I don't have time to tell how much he and I have been thru together but I'll put it like this...if you followed the story on "1st High" he's the one who got me out of jail the next day. Met him at orientation freshmen year at ECU and have been friends since...until last week. Tonight i'll pour out a little liquor in memory of the friendship and toast to new ones. Happy 2015!"