Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Have politics ever gotten in the way of a friendship/relationship 4 U?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12704641&mesg_id=12704812
12704812, RE: Have politics ever gotten in the way of a friendship/relationship 4 U?
Posted by JazMean, Wed Jan-21-15 05:26 PM
My boyfriend is a police officer and honestly his views on certain situations disgust me. I really don't think I will be with him for long because of opinions like this:

1) He thinks that it was pretty much Garner's fault that he died for resisting arrest.

2) The Trayvon Martin situation, he believes that after being followed Trayvon turned around and fought Zimmerman and once that took place Zimmerman was in his legal right to kill him. (Mind you, this man has a 14 year old son).

3) He thinks black people blow police brutality out of proportion and of course his argument is "black kill eachother everyday, they need to focus on that"

His other (black) cop friends and their SO's share the same views as him. I once got caught up in a debate with them and it was a mess.