Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwhat a lot of y'all are missing:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12702163&mesg_id=12702692
12702692, what a lot of y'all are missing:
Posted by poetx, Mon Jan-19-15 11:08 PM
he is thanking God not for providing him with victory (on the field), but the victory in life to even be able to go out and do what he does. he is recognizing that it is not all about him.

there was a time when i didn't understand this and i was just as cynical as a lot of y'all are.

but really. most ppl (except the hardest of the hard core atheists) seem cool with the appeal to a higher power explicit within the 12 step program. if you TRULY believe in a creator and (crazy as it seems to a lot of y'all, and i don't deny that) that you have the ability to commune with that creator through prayer, then your LIFE should be a prayer. you should be privately thanking God on the daily.

but to publicly thank God (not go off into some long, involved prayer as a means of spectacle or self-conscious piety) is to make it clear how you see life. it is demonstrating humility as well as opening yourself up to scrutiny.

if you are consistent in your actions and words, ion't see what the prollem is. russell seems to be the type of dude who would thank God if he found a pack of gum. he picks up and praises his teammates. he gives of his free time. he carries himself humbly (at least from what i can see).

let him cook.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad