Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLet's REALLY be real
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12702163&mesg_id=12702399
12702399, Let's REALLY be real
Posted by Selassie I God, Mon Jan-19-15 02:46 PM
>but let's be real...
>
>who listens or checks for the God talk after a 30 point loss?
>
>
>Even if they said it we wouldn't hear it.

All of these NFL players are forced to be made available for media access after every game, so the top players on each team have a mic in their face every week, either at the post game press conference or in the locker room. Most of that is aired on post game shows, on NFL Network, etc. I don't specifically listen for it per se, but if it was said, it would be heard, don't kid yourself.

>..and when something tragic happens who thanks God for it?
>That isn't how it works. Most people pray for strength and
>during prayer will thank God for giving them the change to
>overcome said struggle.
>
>No one hears about their loved one dying in a car crash and
>screams
>"Praise Jesus"

Where to begin...
First, are you seriously trying to equate "losing a loved one in a car crash" to coming up on the short end of the score in a football game? C'mon...

Second, "that isn't how it works"? If a person has the presence of mind to give thanks to the Creator when things are good, but has no inclination to do so when times are tough, I personally have to question the source of that faith. Based on that line of thinking, God should continually be on the lips of the rich and successful and rarely if ever on the lips of the poor and struggling.

If athletes are going to use the interview room as a public forum to express their faith(which is exactly what they are doing), IMHO they should be sure to express their gratefulness to God when things don't go their way on a certain Sunday. Unless, of course, you think that God isn't with you when the chips are down, in which case I give thanks that I know better than that.