Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy takeaway from this post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12700425&mesg_id=12701494
12701494, My takeaway from this post
Posted by John Forte, Sat Jan-17-15 09:37 AM
Maybe I DO have to start the organization I'm looking for.

What I want is an org with a clear stated mission: federal oversight for all police-involved killings. I don't believe local prosecutors are any more capable of trying police shootings than they were lynchings. I want an organization that actually registers as a non-profit, discloses its headquarters and officers. An organization that's actually accountable. No one had to wonder who the SCLC, SNCC, NOI or Black Panthers were.

I don't think of myself as a leader of men. Frankly, it's nothing I've wanted. I just want to support the existing thing. If such an org exists, and I'm missing it, I'd appreciate it if one of you would point me in the right direction. If your answer is "you're lazy", you, my friend are part of the problem. The Black Civil rights movement was inclusive and sought to educate. It didn't put people down for not doing the legwork. If someone asks for information about a subject in which I have knowledge, I'm going to share it, not ridicule them for not being me.