Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecteven if that's so
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12700425&mesg_id=12700569
12700569, even if that's so
Posted by SoWhat, Fri Jan-16-15 10:54 AM
the federal oversight would occur regionally - likely via the various federal appellate court districts.

generally i think the main problem is that prosecutor/police/law enforcement bias that has the prosecutors identifying with and protecting the police defendants. and i'm not sure federal oversight is the answer since the federal prosecutors are still prosecutors who are likely to identify w/police as they too consider themselves law enforcement. plus the federal prosecutors are probably ppl who have had contact w/some of the leadership and even lower-level officers in a given jurisdiction as they rose through the ranks from state prosecutor offices before they became federal prosecutors.

i think citizen review boards should be involved in the decision to indict police defendants. i'm not sure who, if anyone, should present evidence to these boards to help them decide whether to indict.