Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecttook my youngest downtown (new center area) to get her shots for school
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12696388&mesg_id=12696580
12696580, took my youngest downtown (new center area) to get her shots for school
Posted by 2.tears.in.a.bucket, Mon Jan-12-15 07:27 PM
i buy her a juice out the snack bar & we walk outside the building to catch our ride

- WINDY ass day - had to be late march, early april -

she asked me to tie her shoes so i set her apple juice down on top of the 2-3 papers that she needs to start •pre-school•

-- and wouldn't you know the wind blew so hard it knocked over the juice & the papers went flyin across the street!

me being the absent minded nigga i am i dart into the street to chase down the papers, leaving my then 3.5 year old baby on the sidewalk -

she yells out "daddy!" i look back & at that moment i know i'm fucked. i head back to the sidewalk to get my baby & prepare to watch all the paper's blow away to all hell.

fortunately 3 total strangers (all blk folk) on the adjacent corner saw me trying to chase the papers down & they worked together like a tandem to grab each paper for me.

sure i could've found a way to get those papers again. but it was an awesome thing to watch several people work together to help a guy they dont know from jack shit.