Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's not really a "bail out" but strangers looked out twice at the same spot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12696388&mesg_id=12696461
12696461, It's not really a "bail out" but strangers looked out twice at the same spot
Posted by Marbles, Mon Jan-12-15 04:57 PM

End of 2012, me, my girl & another couple are going to the New Edition show. As we’re walking into the arena, there’s a white cat ahead of us with his girl. He turns round and counts our group…4 people. We look at him kinda weird.

He says that 6 of his friends bailed on the show, so he has 6 extra tickets. He asks where our seats are. We’re sitting on the bottom deck. The dude gives us 4 floor tickets.

We get inside and run into him again. We buy him & his girl a drink for the tickets. As we’re rapping, it turns out he went to law school with my GF back in Cleveland. Small world.

Fast forward…last month, I took my girl to see Usher at the same arena This time, we’re on the floor, near the back. Good solid seats. About halfway through the show, this white cat is walking by us with a kid who’s about 8 or 9. The guy is looking into our section like he’s trying to pick people out. We’re right on the aisle, so he approaches us.

Dude says he has to take his kid home and he’s got great seats towards the front. He points us to an usher (no pun intended) and says to ask her where the seats are. We thank him & stroll over to that usher. She knows what’s up & scowls at us but she leads us to our seats.

Second row. This dude dropped second row seats on us for absolutely nothing.

We’ve decided that when another good show comes thru, we’ll just hang out around the arena and see if our luck holds up.