Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRIP my 2007 Toyota Camry :(
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12689801&mesg_id=12689801
12689801, RIP my 2007 Toyota Camry :(
Posted by Damali, Sun Jan-04-15 10:29 PM
I bought (read: financed) it in 2007 and paid it off completely in 2010. I planned to keep the car for at least the next 3 years...it was in great condition...and it was all mine.

Well my son Milan and I spun out on a wet road this morning and crashed into a concrete median...as we were spinning, I just knew we would die...or at least him because i knew we were about to crash on his side. literally the most terrifying 2 seconds of my life...

but he was ok...he leaned toward me during the spin so that his head wouldn't hit the window, but we bumped heads instead..which left me dizzy with blurred vision for the first 10 seconds after the crash...my right side is banged up..a back contusion as the ER doctor said... my son is less bruised than me but still in pain

but my car is done. the whole right side is destroyed and it doesn't drive at all. and i won't be getting anything from GEICO because after my husband was laid off, i lowered our car insurance coverage to save money :( so on my car, I had no collision or comprehensive coverage.only left it on his car. oh and no rental coverage ..sigh...of i never dreamed i'd get into an accident for the first time ever...dumb dumb dumb

so we have just 1 car...which i totally recognize is still a blessing because some people have no car...so i'm not complaining

but yeah, that was my day today. i can walk but it hurts to sit, stand, bend or twist my body in any way...although it is nice to be pampered by my sons and husband :)

moral of the story: slow down on wet roads and don't skimp on car insurance if you can afford it

d