Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI read on the Huffingtonn post as far back as 09 that there was a
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12683196&mesg_id=12683582
12683582, I read on the Huffingtonn post as far back as 09 that there was a
Posted by vee-lover, Tue Dec-23-14 04:40 PM
growing trend of Americans not celebrating xmas - some due to economic reasons while others is because less and less ppl are identifying w/Christianity therefore they don't recognize the day as a holy occasion

I do think the perception of ppl celebrating the day probably varies from city to city but overall I've felt this way just based on the last few cities/countries I've lived in

Although as a kid, you're mostly concerned w/what toys, bike you were going to get more than anything else but I do remember in my household there still being a certain reverence for what the day was actually supposed to be abt which is the birth of Christ - I don't get that sense nowadays even amongst many Christains, now it seems the day is more abt making sure you get ppl the right gift

I lived in a middle class neighborgphood last year in Atlanta where most of the homewowners were older blk folks and I remember this time last year that there were far more ppl who DIDN'T have xmas lights up vs those that did...because I normally look for the homes decorated w/lights and was kinda surprised that so few homes had xmas lights up

>shit on fleek, naan parking spaces
>and it's cold rainy and the middle of a work day
>every house on the block bling blinging with lawn jockeys and
>lights as well
>probably depends on your community