Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectit is - for Cosby apologists, especially.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12683057&mesg_id=12683324
12683324, it is - for Cosby apologists, especially.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-23-14 12:49 PM
i'm not one so maybe that's why i don't care whether that motivated homeboy. Cos, being the professional educator he is, could've and should've found a different and better and less hurtful way to motivate the young man. so even if that awful behavior did motivate the young man it wasn't right of Cos and doesn't excuse the awfulness.

and if that had motivated the young man i bet he'd have said so yrs later when he spoke about the incident. he didn't say he was motivated by it. he said for yrs he cringed when he heard Cosby's name.

most likely the young man was already pretty motivated - he'd made it to Notre Dame and played football and was graduating. he was already fairly uncommonly motivated. most likely he succeeded DESPITE what Cos did, not b/c of it.

much like those of us who were beaten or otherwise abused by our parents tend to succeed (if we do) DESPITE the abuse and not b/c of it. w/o the abuse we'd likely be better off.