Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHouston Police kills unarmed Black man. Grand Jury to follow...(swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12679499
12679499, Houston Police kills unarmed Black man. Grand Jury to follow...(swipe)
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 12:06 PM
Off duty HPD officer working a second gig security but in his HPD uniform see black man (Jordan Baker),
says black man fits description of a robbery suspect
he confronts Jordan
Jordan then allegedelly lunges at officer
officer throws a hot slug in Jordan
Jordan dies

this all happened in Acres Homes by the way
this happened back in January so the shooting is not "news" but this Grand Jury decision if to indict the cop is.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Grand-jury-set-to-weigh-HPD-killing-of-unarmed-man-5965369.php

A Harris County grand jury convened this morning to continue investigating the fatal shooting of an unarmed man by a Houston police officer in January.

The grand jury could decide as early as today whether to indict or clear Officer Juventino Castro in the shooting of 26-year-old Jordan Baker.

The inquiry marks one of Harris County's first grand jury deliberations in a police shooting following recent national unrest over the lack of indictments in the officer-involved deaths of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., and Eric Garner in Staten Island, N.Y.

Baker died in January in the 5700 block of West Little York near Antoine.

Castro, who at the time had been on the force 10 years, was not injured in the incident. Castro was in uniform and working an extra job in a shopping center, according to an HPD news release. Businesses in the center had hired off-duty officers for security after a recent string of robberies.

Castro tried to stop Baker in the parking lot, leading to a brief struggle and foot chase, the release said. Baker stopped running away and charged at the officer, reaching into his waistband, police said.

Castro fired his gun one time, striking Baker, police said.

Harris County grand juries have cleared HPD officers of criminal wrongdoing in all shootings since 2008. More than a quarter of the 121 civilians shot by the department's officials from 2008 to 2012 were — like Baker — unarmed, according to a Houston Chronicle analysis.
12679572, Everytime I read something like this, I think "Bullshit"
Posted by 8-bit, Thu Dec-18-14 12:47 PM
>...Baker stopped
>running away and charged at the officer, reaching into his
>waistband, police said.

Who fucking reaches into their waistband WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE A GUN? Especially when they guy that they are tussling with CLEARLY has a gun?
12679607, Happens a lot more than you think.
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 01:02 PM
>Who fucking reaches into their waistband WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE
>A GUN? Especially when they guy that they are tussling with
>CLEARLY has a gun?

It's a deterrent because if the dudes dont have a strap and see you reaching maybe they think you DO have one and they will start scurrying

Maybe Jordan didn't know the cop was an actual cop but instead a flashlight cop?

Or maybe the HPD officer could just be lying through his teeth because he know a dead man can't testify against him.
Worked for Darren Wilson.

What does Al Green and Shelia Jackson-Lee have to say about this???
12679613, it says he was in uniform
Posted by Cenario, Thu Dec-18-14 01:05 PM
12679627, I know what it sas but the Brinks uniform looks likes a HPD uniform
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 01:14 PM
Lot of these rent a cop companies have VERY similar looking uniforms to Police Depts
even their badges look similar
and most are packing these days too

Only way I can tell is by super focusing on the patch on the arm/shoulder and it will say POLICE DEPT or whatever

http://www.topgun-securityservices.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/security-officers-in-uniform1.jpg

plus, this was at night
in a VERY high crime neighborhood
Antoine + Little York is not a place you want to be after sundown
12679609, you think it's Bullshit, because it is bullshit.
Posted by Zion3Lion, Thu Dec-18-14 01:03 PM
notice how all these stories across the country are the same.
12679629, Are they trying to pull up their pants/jeans?
Posted by jimi, Thu Dec-18-14 01:16 PM
one really can't run and such with saggy jeans, so they tend to pull them up before doing anything (such as run, or just trying to prevent them from dragging on the ground)

could be out of habit? not realizing that when one pulls up their jeans pants it looks as though they reaching?

I don't know, I'm just thinking here
12679953, I've considered this. Everytime I see a "thug" with pants hanging down
Posted by 8-bit, Thu Dec-18-14 04:34 PM
As an aside: I really want to just punch the shit out of some of them and just run. How the fuck is some bird-chested dude gonna try and mean mug anyone with tight jeans that are below his waist and unlaced nikes?

But yeah, dude might have had his pants hanging down.
12679964, You'd get shot in your back before you made it to the corner.
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 04:40 PM
>As an aside: I really want to just punch the shit out of some
>of them and just run. How the fuck is some bird-chested dude
>gonna try and mean mug anyone with tight jeans that are below
>his waist and unlaced nikes?

Don't underestimate the number of these "thugs" that were their pants below their asscheeks that hold heat

In philly and nyc it was a surprisingly high amount.
12680035, Why do you thing I haven't done it already? lol
Posted by 8-bit, Thu Dec-18-14 05:29 PM
>Don't underestimate the number of these "thugs" that were
>their pants below their asscheeks that hold heat
>
>In philly and nyc it was a surprisingly high amount.

Anytime I see a short dude dressed like lil' wayne and he makes a little too much aggressive eye contact I assume he's strapped, because shooting is really their only option. Not like these types will win any fights.

Funny enough, the big (fat, tall or both) thugs that I know that stay strapped are nice as hell when they walk around. I guess it's that Napoleon thing that little guys have.
12679636, it's not about making sense see "zoot suit riots"
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 01:20 PM
A large group of sailors assailed numerous Latinos, blacks, and and the navy said it was self defense despite over whelming eye witness statements to the contrary. America loves it's modern slave patrols as much as it does white supremacy. End of line.
12680581, it's gotta be an industry standard.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Dec-19-14 12:04 PM
>Who fucking reaches into their waistband WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE
>A GUN? Especially when they guy that they are tussling with
>CLEARLY has a gun?
12679620, What gets me is that a cops word in such situations is worthless
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 01:08 PM

Who the fuck is going to admit that they just murdered someone because they were in a panic?

There's all manner of motivation to lie in these situations

12679639, yup like fucking Darren Killson
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 01:23 PM
Once he shot Brown twice from the car he knew he was wrong. At that point if Brown lived the testimony against his cowardly bitch ass would have been a lot harder to refute so what does he do? Finish the job.
12679643, Baker stopped running away and charged at the officer,
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 01:27 PM
reaching into his waistband

that sounds familiar

they might want to add

he failed to comply with commands

you know, just to cover all the bases
12679662, Don't forget he was on something
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 01:36 PM
12679667, Uh... no. He *looked* like he was on something.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 01:39 PM
Gotta get that script right, officer.

12679696, true true
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 02:07 PM
12680242, *crack sprinkle*
Posted by Doronmonkflake, Thu Dec-18-14 09:41 PM
12679668, all these cop killings been happening for years...
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Dec-18-14 01:40 PM
but why are they all in the news this year?

I really think this is a plan to get the general public to demand police cams
12679678, and GoPro stock goes through the roof
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 01:57 PM
>but why are they all in the news this year?
>
>I really think this is a plan to get the general public to
>demand police cams
>
12679684, There's a growing movement to document police brutality
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 02:00 PM
Social media allows information to spread faster than ever

Everyone now has cameras, so a lot of shit is getting caught on tape and people no longer have to rely on the word of a cop lying through his teeth to protect his pension.

12679694, Lot's of reasons
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 02:05 PM
Obama being pres must factor in somehow like on some "show this negro who really runs shit"

More people with cell phones

There's the money angle-- this stuff creates ratings and in the case of Ferguson insurance payouts.

Keeps society destabilized i.e. distracts black people because even though it's an important issue, the focus is always on the system's problems, but not the system.

12679734, Because it being reported is the current trend now. You know the answer
Posted by GrumpySmurf, Thu Dec-18-14 02:37 PM
to this question.
12679888, I thought about that line too
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Thu Dec-18-14 03:34 PM
6-12 months ago we were all up in arms about invasions into our privacy by the government. Now we know they listened to our phone calls, read our emails, turned on cameras and microphones on through our phones and laptops completely without our knowledge, tracked us using our electronic devices. Now it's like "give all police cameras so they can record everything all the time. That'll make you safer!" Notice this happens after people were working up steam about turning back some of the citizen surveillance that was passed after 9/11.
I'm not saying I have a better solution, just that the narrative sure did turn around really quick.
12679681, these incidents are already rare but i expect them to be even more so
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Dec-18-14 01:58 PM
after this string of recent incidents
i'm probably in the minority on this but i don't think these cops are walking around looking to murder innocent black men who are minding their business ala george zimmerman
chances are these dudes ain't compiling with reasonable requests and maybe even being aggressive/criminal and cops are using too much force
just can't see the avg street cat being all extra defiant on some fuck the police shit now knowing it could literally cost them their lives

tldr: niggas bout to get in line
12679695, Am I first in line?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 02:07 PM
rare? why do you think that?
12679724, comparably rare obs
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Dec-18-14 02:27 PM
not trying get into an argument over semantics
but total homicides by police were less than gang homicides in chicago alone some years
and we'd all probably agree that a number of those police homicides were justified
so these improper criminals incidents are a subset of that even
considering that national homicides are usually in the 5 figures per year it's probably less than 1%
12679725, RE: it's probably less than 1%
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 02:32 PM
dude, you're replying to a post that has a statistic in it...

25% of Houston PD shootings were of unarmed citizens

miss me with the rest of your BS logic

the scary thing

we don't know what the real numbers are

because DOJ doesn't keep accurate numbers for shootings by police

the reported number for 2013 was 461

which was only shootings involving a felony or ruled justified

after the media started to add in shootings that fell outside of those categories

it did get into 5 figures

WAKE UP!
12679747, RE: it's probably less than 1%
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Dec-18-14 02:44 PM
>dude, you're replying to a post that has a statistic in
>it...
>
>25% of Houston PD shootings were of unarmed citizens

what % was that % of total houston shootings?
1 unjustified shooting by an officer is too much
1 murder of a black man by another black man is also too much
we talking about what's rare and what ain't
again not trying get into a debate over whether yall think this stuff is likely to happen or not
ppl would have you believing police are hunting black men like ice t in surviving the game
the overall point is i expect it to happen less than it is now as ppl (and police) adjust accordingly
12679756, HPD and NOPD are pretty rampant the brutality
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 02:49 PM
check my reply about 15 yr old Chad Holley
12679774, i can buy that. i'm talking about national numbers anyway
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Dec-18-14 02:54 PM
i'd be interested if somebody tabulated numbers from segregated black areas and compared them to the white ones
but if the national numbers low then you probably can assume those are low(er) compared to the non police incidents too
12679780, I'm with you. You're talking about rare events.
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 02:56 PM
Nationally, how many police murders have we had in 2014?
maybe 6.
Chicago get that many in a weekend.
12680031, You mean they aren't? policing has changed
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 05:26 PM
From it's roots of hunting black men?
12679758, The issue is still bigger than officer shootings resulting in death
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 02:49 PM
The culture of police who abuse their power goes well beyond these shooting deaths.
12679752, Do you think shooting unarmed blacks is the only issue at play?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 02:47 PM
Do police not abuse their power in other ways?
12679765, of course they do
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Dec-18-14 02:51 PM
>Do police not abuse their power in other ways?

i see them riding thru red lights and parking in handicap spots all the time
12679770, driving while texting or talking on cellphones
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 02:53 PM
i saw one make a left one a no left turn light in mcgregor park on saturday just for the fuck of it
12679781, You know that's not what I'm talking about
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 02:56 PM
>>Do police not abuse their power in other ways?
>
>i see them riding thru red lights and parking in handicap
>spots all the time
12679943, there's shit like this (civil forfeiture)
Posted by Madvillain 626, Thu Dec-18-14 04:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks
12679973, asset forfeiture
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 04:45 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Donald_P._Scott
12679715, Rare? Absolutely not. This shit is common as fuck.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 02:20 PM
>i'm probably in the minority on this but i don't think these
>cops are walking around looking to murder innocent black men
>who are minding their business

The continued killing of unarmed black men is perhaps the most glaring example of this culture of abuse. Officers who abuse their power is a much broader issue that encompasses a wide variety of offenses and transcends color lines.

>chances are these dudes ain't compiling with reasonable
>requests and maybe even being aggressive/criminal and cops are
>using too much force

Nah. What constitutes a reasonable request based on a given situation?

Asking for I.D might be considered a "reasonable request, but often enough it's asked for in a situation that does not lawfully require the citizen to comply. Cops tend to dislike their authority challenged in any way, and that's a problem.

There are plenty of cops caught on tape being asked very simple questions:

Do you suspect me of committing a crime?
If so, what crime?

I’ve seen several videos where the answer is “that’s what I’m trying to find out.”

Well, that’s fishing. That’s throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. That’s playing the odds and hoping to come across a warrant or something. It’s not really the cop “just doing his/her job”.

Recently, a woman was recording an officer outside of her own home because the officer was running her plates. The officer snatched the phone and deleted the recording. She told the woman she didn’t need probable cause to run the plates. It was some “because I can!” shit, and that’s basically an attempt to manufacture a problem. Fortunately, the woman recovered the file and action was taken against the officer.
This is NOT rare.

Cops lying through their teeth about a situation only for videotaped evidence to appear that decidedly disagrees with the officers version of events isn’t all that rare. With videotaped evidence mounting that clearly shows these pigs abusing their power in such ways, just think of all the moments a camera wasn’t there, wasn’t working, or was simply suppressed.
12680025, ^^What he said ^^
Posted by Case_One, Thu Dec-18-14 05:21 PM

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."
12683645, Yep!
Posted by spades, Tue Dec-23-14 06:19 PM
12679789, the feds DO NOT require reporting of kill numbers
Posted by rawsouthpaw, Thu Dec-18-14 03:00 PM
it is a waste of everyone's time to speculate on whether this is a problem or not until that DELIBERATE systemic unaccountability loophole is shut the fuck down. how can the possibly rationalize that as supposed government law enforcement professionals that departments and chief can opt out of collecting and forwarding life or death data? Why? If we're honest with the history and nature of this system then we absolutely know why.

And check this out:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/09/fbi-justifiable-homicides-police-felons
So Basically Everyone Killed By a Cop Is A Criminal, According to the FBI
FBI data classifies all victims of justified homicides by police as "felons"—why?
12679794, So why didn't ObamaHolder fix that loophole then?
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 03:01 PM
They must have been working too fast then got furious about beltway politics.
12679803, they fixed the crack sentencing loophole, like 30 years late.
Posted by rawsouthpaw, Thu Dec-18-14 03:04 PM

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/national-data-shootings-police-not-collected
12679819, I think the bill is on his desk
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 03:09 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/12/death-custody-reporting-act-police-shootings-ferguson-garner

But if past measures to collect similar data are any indication, it's going to be a long time before Washington reliably keeps a comprehensive database of all citizens who die at the hands of the police. Congress has tried to enact similar laws before: In 1994, a statute passed under the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act mandated that the Department of Justice annually gather, report, and publish a summary of public data counting uses of "excessive" force, but nothing much came of the plan. At some point the task of collecting data fell to the International Association of Chiefs of Police, a professional organization. They maintained a database until 2001, but have not updated it since. Twenty years later, we have no clear understanding of how many people have been killed by police.

Older versions of the Death in Custody Reporting Act have also struggled to compel comprehensive data. The bill passed last week is the reauthorization of the original act, passed in 2000. Initially created in reaction to prison confinement deaths—lawmakers inserted a provision requiring tallies of arrest-related deaths in 2003—that first version accomplished little: Several years passed before states started sending in data, and the bill expired shortly thereafter, in 2006, without a single report having been released. Since then, the provision requiring state counts of arrest-related deaths has stayed on the books—but reporting has never been enforced. Many local law enforcement agencies provide incomplete data, and the Justice Department has published no comprehensive reports in more than a decade.

The bill that passed last week aims to force reporting by tying law enforcement funding to cooperation: States that fail to report police-involved killings can lose up to 10 percent of their federal law enforcement grants. However, it's up to the attorney general to mete out fines. "Hopefully there will be better compliance and enforcement than existed then, and also more cooperation," Blumenthal says. "There's certainly more awareness now about the importance of this data, and much more focus on it."

Sounds like that won't help anyway

You can't fix this system

it needs to be destroyed.
12679836, what can black ppl do RIGHT NOW to begin to minimize this?
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Dec-18-14 03:14 PM
police our own communities and the bad apples in it?
minimizing the need for authority figures, etc
12679860, asian am brother but mass know your rights
Posted by rawsouthpaw, Thu Dec-18-14 03:24 PM
education is needed by all civic and community orgs, entire school districts, and public health orgs. but rather than only pressure/wait on institutions the example of people's education via street-based schooling and teach-in set by the black panthers is the rapid path. via social media too.
info like this, led by progressive lawyers -
https://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-immigrants-rights-racial-justice/know-your-rights-what-do-if-you
12679868, they talked about that on KTSU radio last week
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 03:27 PM
>info like this, led by progressive lawyers -
>https://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-immigrants-rights-racial-justice/know-your-rights-what-do-if-you

about that police brutality app they got and stuff
they advocate knowing your rights
but also just laying down so you make it out alive
dont try to fight for your rights but end up dead in the process
12679873, shit i need the damn training myself
Posted by rawsouthpaw, Thu Dec-18-14 03:29 PM
we got some of out high school's students in sessions. we're doing at our school site here in south central, just had a dope assembly. but the education/training on a mass scale is one part of it. "how not to get killed while knowing your rights" workshops.
12679862, Two pronged approach
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 03:25 PM
A black owned private security company to patrol black neighborhoods and paid for by the neighborhood. The money is there.

More effective though is that we have to start talking about steps we can take to keep our people off the radar as much as possible. Whatever it takes to keep cops away from us. If that means dressing a certain way or even up and leaving wherever you are when a cop is present. Avoidance will bring immediate results. Also keeping ourselves calm when cops do get too close. For now the mindset just needs to be "comply or die" until we can get laws enacted which I wouldn't hold my breath on.
12679910, I live in an affluent area and i see the private security cars
Posted by Mgmt, Thu Dec-18-14 03:46 PM
rolling around every damn day. Not sure how effective they are, but they're out there.
12680020, I think they have some effect.
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 05:17 PM
Especially if they look like the folks from the neighborhood. It's really just a buffer. It would separate out those determined to commit crime from those who are along for the ride so to speak.
12679929, Not effective and the money is not there.
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 04:05 PM
>A black owned private security company to patrol black
>neighborhoods and paid for by the neighborhood. The money is
>there.

I linked above a private security company whose uniforms look exactly like real cops. They even hold heat.
But they can't arrest nobody.
So they don't deter crime.
They are really good at profiling and harassing folks just passing through their neighborhoods tho!

2. those type of services are only in very affluent hoods.
when the majority of crime happens in very improvrished neighborhoods i doubt the residents of those areas will be willing to swipe their Rush cards to pay a HOA fee to have private security
12680026, The money would have to come from
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 05:22 PM
What we waste it on in general. If sisters want their boys to make it past 30 might be a good time go natural put that hair money elsewhere. Likewise for brothers with the liquor and other bullshit. That goes to fiscal responsibility though so that has to be addressed as well. Like I said though-- avoidance and finding new strategies to make ourselves less of a target are the key factors.
12680055, Nigga you crazy. And on some utopian bullshit.
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 05:58 PM
like you are truly on some Care Bears shit right now.

>What we waste it on in general. If sisters want their boys to
>make it past 30 might be a good time go natural put that hair
>money elsewhere. Likewise for brothers with the liquor and
>other bullshit. That goes to fiscal responsibility though so
>that has to be addressed as well. Like I said though--
>avoidance and finding new strategies to make ourselves less of
>a target are the key factors.
12680070, Not unrealistic
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 06:19 PM
At some point black communities will have to do something. If a community isn't willing to come together for it's own sake then there can be no change. Any immediate change on our end will require financial resources.

Utopia is thinking things can or will change without sacrifice.
12679865, I'd start with STOP CALLING THE FUCKING POLICE!!!
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 03:26 PM
see Akai Gurley

I don't remember the profile of the poster who linked this numerous times

https://againsthiredguns.wordpress.com/

but the short answer is yes

communities need to start being responsible for themselves

for everything
12679875, so when a nigga stick a gun in your face and steal your iPhone 6
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 03:29 PM
what are we sposed to do???
call the Guardian Angels?
they still around?
still rock those ReRun berets?

>see Akai Gurley
>
>I don't remember the profile of the poster who linked this
>numerous times
>
>https://againsthiredguns.wordpress.com/
>
>but the short answer is yes
>
>communities need to start being responsible for themselves
>
>for everything
>
12679876, what would cops do for you in that situation, you act like they prevent
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 03:30 PM
crime

they'd just put out an APB on a nigga with a gun
12679882, LoL i've had stolen shit recovered and returned to me.
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 03:32 PM
sometimes dealing with the police helps.
SOME
TIMES
12679884, would you even need a cop to find an iPhone?
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 03:33 PM
12679896, i dont understand your question.
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 03:36 PM
no hable ingles, papi.
papi, i no black.
12679905, https://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 03:40 PM
12679908, So you goin to walk down 137th near Lenox looking for your phone?
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 03:42 PM
The way it works is
1. you file the report
2. cops nab dude who stole your phone for some other shit
3. they happen upon his "stash"
4. find your iPhone in said stash
5. contact you to come pick your phone up

it's that simple
dont happen often that easy
but it DOES happen
even fro black ppl
12680415, I have more faith in Anonymous than I do law enforcement
Posted by bentagain, Fri Dec-19-14 09:42 AM
Anonymous ‘Hacktivists’ Say Police Aren’t Solving Case Where Girl Was Burned To Death So They Will

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/12/anonymous-say-cops-arent-solving-case-so-they-will/#
12680042, http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/tp/What-To-Do-When-Iphone-Is-Stolen.htm
Posted by SoWhat, Thu Dec-18-14 05:41 PM
http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/tp/What-To-Do-When-Iphone-Is-Stolen.htm

When you discover that your iPhone has been stolen, dozens of thoughts race through your head all at once. Anger, worry, surprise are all likely to pop up. Once they pass, though, there are some steps you should take. While there's no guarantee that these steps will get your iPhone back, they won't hurt and will succeed in some cases. Good luck.

1. File a Police Report

File a report with the police in the city where the phone was stolen. This may or may not directly lead to the recovery of your phone, but having documentation of the theft may help in dealing with cell phone and insurance companies and, if you can get data about the location of your phone, having the police report on file may be necessary for getting the police to help you recover it.
12680044, When Hitting ‘Find My iPhone’ Takes You to a Thief’s Doorstep
Posted by SoWhat, Thu Dec-18-14 05:42 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/04/us/when-hitting-find-my-iphone-takes-you-to-a-thiefs-doorstep.html?_r=0
12680099, It's not worth it
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 06:44 PM
12680057, Yup and then a lot of innocent folks get caught cuz
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 05:59 PM
they fit the description
12680052, Because the president is not in control
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 05:53 PM
The president is the representative for whoever is in control that being the holders of the old money.
12679822, oh so the numbers are likely lower?
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Dec-18-14 03:11 PM
unless you are arguing that there are hundreds of unreported secret police murders every year
even if you want to flip it and say all the justified reported numbers are actually unjustified it's still comparably low
12679869, research says black are i believe 21X more likely to get dropped
Posted by rawsouthpaw, Thu Dec-18-14 03:27 PM
there's lots of studies on related phenomena. we don't have the cop shooting database yet even in 2014 but the existing research on the disproportionate and at times very obviously unjust nature of law enforcement on blacks, communities of color, and the poor is enough for the masses of people moving on this.
12679877, so 3 white deaths vs 63 black deaths?
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 03:31 PM
over a 10 year span?
12679883, Here’s the Data That Shows Cops Kill Black People at a Higher Rate Than White People Plus: the crazy way the FBI classifies all police shooting victims as criminals.
Posted by rawsouthpaw, Thu Dec-18-14 03:33 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/08/police-shootings-ferguson-race-data

Here’s the Data That Shows Cops Kill Black People at a Higher Rate Than White People
Plus: the crazy way the FBI classifies all police shooting victims as criminals.

Deadly Force, in Black and White

A ProPublica analysis of killings by police shows outsize risk for young black males.

http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews
12679895, population = 63% white and 12% black, you have to factor that in when
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-18-14 03:36 PM
talking statistics
12679692, that last part tho...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Dec-18-14 02:04 PM

>Harris County grand juries have cleared HPD officers of
>criminal wrongdoing in all shootings since 2008. More than a
>quarter of the 121 civilians shot by the department's
>officials from 2008 to 2012 were — like Baker — unarmed,
>according to a Houston Chronicle analysis.
12679718, People have been brainwashed into trusting that badge implicitly
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 02:20 PM
12679723, RE: WHITE People have been brainwashed into trusting that badge implicitly
Posted by isaaaa, Thu Dec-18-14 02:26 PM
corrected that for you.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Get 25% off www.karmaloop.com w/ rep code JR9103 |
Nike, G-Star, Herschel, Adidas (Men's & Women's clothing)
12680103, WHITE People trust that badge implicitly
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Dec-18-14 06:48 PM
Now were good
12679759, Remember what HPD did to Chad Holley? STOMPED HIM!! (video)
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-18-14 02:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doh_gGIzuHQ
12680046, ugh. i'm running out of space for these t-shirts.
Posted by SoWhat, Thu Dec-18-14 05:43 PM
fuck!

12683567, They did NOT convict in the Grand Jury
Posted by deejboram, Tue Dec-23-14 04:29 PM
12683629, the thing that gets me, and reveals the obvious lie
Posted by J_Stew, Tue Dec-23-14 05:37 PM
is when police say that the suspect "reached toward their waistband then charged them". Who the hell that reaches to pull a gun on someone is also going to charge them??? Is this shit Braveheart or something?

Literally NO ONE would ever do that. If someone had a knife they might, but people don't keep knifes in their waistband typically and would likely feign compliance until they were closer before pulling a knife.

It's such a poorly thought out lie and it works EVERY TIME.
12683630, it's like there's an exculpatory code word rubric
Posted by veritas, Tue Dec-23-14 05:43 PM
and they have to get as many as they can in there.

"reached toward waistband"

"attempted to reach for officer's gun"

"smelled of marijuana"

"resisted arrest"

"made threatening gestures"

etc. etc.
12683708, Yep
Posted by lfresh, Tue Dec-23-14 08:54 PM
So when we hear it it sounds like a lie now
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
12683695, thugs dont carry guns in their waistbands. they keep'em in they pocket
Posted by deejboram, Tue Dec-23-14 08:18 PM
i know faaaarrrr too many thugs and criminals
pretty much all the time they are carrying lil sub-compact 38 or 9mm
basically shit the size of the palm of your hand
nobody is carrying a 44 mag revolver or 454 casull in their waistband

further more
to really carry properly in your waistband and not have the shit continually fall out you need to have your belt/pants on TIGHT
or have a iwb holster (inside the waist band)

nowayadays niggas is holding heat in they jacket pockets
or the handpocket on their hoodie

these cops watched Belly and Boyz N Da Hood too much
12683784, 93 deaths by Houston police since 2008. Zero indictments passed.
Posted by deejboram, Wed Dec-24-14 07:50 AM
Zero
not
a
single
one

Police have said to been just in every single occurance out of nearly 100.
I want to look up the races of all 100 of these people that have been killed.

I want data on all police murders from say the Top 20 cities in America then do a simple "Indictment vs deceased had a weapon" Chi-squared analysis.
12683798, Texas yall rioting or nah? © Sev
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Dec-24-14 08:53 AM
12683806, 121 shot. 93 died. Zero indictments.
Posted by deejboram, Wed Dec-24-14 09:12 AM
Harris County grand juries have cleared HPD officers of criminal wrongdoing in all shootings since 2008. More than a quarter of the 121 civilians shot by the department's officials from 2008 to 2012 were - like Baker - unarmed, according to a Houston Chronicle analysis.
12683809, Chicago: Zero indictments since 2007. Dallas has one since 2008.
Posted by deejboram, Wed Dec-24-14 09:17 AM
http://america.aljazeera.com/blogs/scrutineer/2014/12/23/houston-grand-juryfailstoindictpolice.html

Chicago, for instance, hasn’t indicted an officer in a shooting since 2007. Dallas reviewed 81 shootings involving 175 police officers between 2008 and 2012, and indicted only one.
12684477, San Diego Police want a piece of the action too (link)
Posted by deejboram, Thu Dec-25-14 12:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQesmUU7ED0
12685350, So old boy ain't have no arms? Damn, that's foul.
Posted by Yadgyu, Sat Dec-27-14 09:18 PM
12685444, stop being an Internet troll yadgyu
Posted by deejboram, Sun Dec-28-14 11:37 AM