Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHonest answer man and I know it's a downer but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12678342&mesg_id=12678806
12678806, Honest answer man and I know it's a downer but
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Dec-17-14 05:11 PM
>but to get some actual change, we need broader support.
>we need more ppl.

What change? Change America? On an individual basis I think allies are definitely important in achieving some kind of success or normalcy in our daily lives as black people in America, but on a larger scale it's a wrap. If folks can watch a man die at the hands of police while posing no threat and have a coroner call it murder and not charge anyone then it's sewn up. It's chinatown-- game over man. Yeah every so often "justice" will throw us a bone, but "black people" as a whole-- we're in the wrong place. This country and it's system can not be retrofitted to provide anything close to social and economic equality, just the illusion of it.

The other day I read how 25,000 whites walked off the job at a factory during WWII because they didn't want to work next to black people. Can you imagine? Folks would have rather lost to Japan and Germany than be equal in LABOR. They would prefer the rape of Nanking happening in LA before they'd work alongside a black person. So if folks want to be that into themselves why not let them!?

>you think the gays could've made the headway they have w/o
>allies?
More or less yeah I do. It's way easier to be sympathetic to gays than to blacks because gays can be white too and can easily gain access to areas of influence and have for some time I would wager.

>niggas need allies too.
Our allies walk away or we get away from them. Quakers, Jews, Native Americans (some of whom recently disowned their black tribe members), and so on. Why? because it's a never ending battle for us and people just don't have that kind of stamina.