Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti just got my first cavity filled. 2 actually
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12677955&mesg_id=12678466
12678466, i just got my first cavity filled. 2 actually
Posted by MrThomas43423, Wed Dec-17-14 02:30 PM
i'm a broken man. i string of 30+ sexy mouth'd years is over. and that shit wasn't pleasant. shots and shit. my mouth is still all numbed and jacked up. i just wanna enjoy my Chipolte.

speaking for which...Dear Chipolte on 18th and M. you're at a busy location. there is no way you should be running out of anything during lunch, let alone running out of everything. you knew you were gonna get hit....so what is that bullshit all about? i can't stand when restaurants and establishments don't properly

DC Reynolds. 2 for 1 happy hour. ON ALL THE LIQUOR. top shelf...everything. its the greatest happy hour i've experienced. and then i'mma do karaoke. i love working back in the city. i get to see my friends again. like honest genuinely good people i care about. not coming from a big family, i treat my real friends like family cause they kinda are.

my assistant at work is 36 years old, and bout...that...life. we started the same day. she's married and shit, but i think if she wasn't....there'd be a problem. she's cool tho. and although i don't believe in that work husband work wife shit...we kick it. she's from one of them Caribbean islands and has a body. and man....she just sent me an email full of innuendo and ellipses, and i just gotta stay away. i let her touch my beard. shouldn't have done that. "i like it," she said...."its so soft," she said.

Christmas. gifts buying done....still not excited. i think i got some good stuff for some people tho.

anyone ever have a good success story waiting for someone to get out of a "situation". not waiting...but open to them figuring shit out? its weird, cause i'm not gonna stop doing what i'm doing, and she's not going to stop playing house. its a lot of wants and desires and promises being made, but words are wind. but sometimes there are people put into your life for reasons. and i think both of us are interested in seeing what that reason could be after all these years. and if she's supposed to be the woman for me, and she's crazy as hell....what does that say about me?

bartending. bartending is...interesting. its fun. its a great social lesson to me cause its humbling. humbling isn't the right word, but people fuck with me. like strangers come to the bar, and just being me i'm able to make them feel comfortable and relaxed. and them just being them are able to evoke conversation. and you've got the two strangers meeting on the same plain and it can be a really cool thing. and then....they pay me fucking money. like you were so cool, and helped me have such a good time, here's $20. or here's $5 on a $10 bill. and even without the money, i'd appreciate the experience. but factoring the tips on top...its turned into a special feeling. humbling and appreciated.

this D'Angelo is kinda bigger than an album right now. its like a social bonfire. every okayplayer-y looking person i see on the street with headphones on, i'm thinking....DO THEY HAVE IT?!?!?! ARE THEY LISTENING TO IT?!?!?! i wonder what every person thinks about it, and do they recognize it for the genius it is. not only the music, but the story surrounding D'Angelo and his career. and then the fact he rushed it as his voice to the Mike Brown and Eric Garner situation. its all so compelling. and with all this going on the world and nation, we can huddle up next to Black Messiah and get warm. its soothing yet still has the feel of some sort of statement or justice. its militant happy feelz.
---------------------------------------
it's true what they say...people are strange, when you're strangers.

not compassionate....only polite.

I am not like you at all and i cannot pretend.