Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think adults living through these interactions is faulty conclusion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12658654&mesg_id=12659286
12659286, I think adults living through these interactions is faulty conclusion
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Nov-24-14 11:30 AM
This incident, in a vacuum- where it should be until we get more information- shouldn't really be graded on a curve, so to speak.

Yes, many adults have lived through these situations and weren't gunned down. I don't see where that's relevant to the situation just yet.

Once the conversation shifts toward the overall habit of police abusing their power as well as the citizens they supposedly protect and serve, it's even less relevant until more information comes out.

The gun- fake or not- is the variable that muddies the water for until we get more information. Once we get a clearer picture of how the officers conducted themselves, we’ll have a better foundation to form a better opinion. I can’t really fault an officer who is unable to tell the difference between a real gun and some of these realistic-looking toy guns and stake his life on what amounts to a bet that it’s not real, and that’s why I’m uneasy indicting them until we get a clearer picture of how this played out.