Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've only seen it a few times....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12628969&mesg_id=12629166
12629166, I've only seen it a few times....
Posted by denny, Mon Oct-27-14 12:31 AM
But yeah. He disarms them with flattery. He'll have some run-of-the-mill indie rock act on and you'd think they were Picasso by his introduction.

What REALLY bothers me about this....is his hiding behind a 'progressive' and open-minded, sexually liberated platform. I honestly thought him to be a victim at first. A man who was sexually explorative and was paying the cost of a sort of 'reverse sexism'. That a man can't explore these things consensually without being associated with sexist, misogynistic assholes. There's an agenda there that I have sympathy with. Men are between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, if they attempt to express themselves sexually they are pigs. On the other, if they don't attempt to express themselves they are a lousy lay and sexually inadequate. His facebook post resonated with me because of that and I'm kinda disappointed that I was so quick to go along with his characterization of his ex.

It's looking like he's just a misogynistic asshole hiding behind 'partial' consent that amounts to rape and assault imo. And you can see why it works. "I'm interested in rough sex, role-playing....exploring." But then the woman gets wayyyyy more than she bargained for and it would be so difficult in the heat of the moment. What he's ACTUALLY into is beating you up. And he's playing off the fact that these women DID vaguely consent without knowing the particulars of his intentions. And they probly have trouble coming forward because of this vague, incomplete 'consent' and he KNOWS that. It's just the creepiest, most sickenly opportunistic way of getting what he wants. I'm actually angry right now. Partially with myself.