Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject^^^
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12625726&mesg_id=12627671
12627671, ^^^
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Fri Oct-24-14 11:26 AM

Some white folks attitudes about ownership definitely go beyond their property line. The attitude is, if I buy property in this community I should get a say in everything from hither to yon, including your yard and your house. It only take a few of those people to set up a board or association. The rest of the people in the neighborhood aren't keeping up their property because they are some how "naturally inclined" to take care of their homes more than us. They do it because they have to so they don't end up getting sued or fined by their HOA over the upkeep of their property. Where I grew up the HOA was quick to send out a notice if you left anything in your yard or your bushes weren't trimmed according to the approved shape. I'll never forget when my dad trimmed our bushes squarish instead of rhomboid. They sent our asses a letter real quick like, "Nigga, we're RHOMBOID around these parts!" It was crazy.

Many Black folks buy property for the opposite reason, so no one can tell them what to do with it. The attitude is, you bet not tell me shit about my property cus you don't own nothing over here. We are anti-authority by nature.

DJTB YOMM