Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI always found the Robert Glasper thing interesting...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384927&mesg_id=13385047
13385047, I always found the Robert Glasper thing interesting...
Posted by lightworks, Fri May-22-20 11:34 AM
I watched his interview where he went in on her and at first was like "Damn he has some good points"

and then Lauryn responded, I think she posted an article on Medium or something, and she had the excellent point of "Ok Robert, you are going in on me for stealing your friends songs and being this and that then why did you agree to the gig when my manager reached out?

If I was that bad and did all those things wanting to still work with me when I did that to your friends is off, no?"

While that doesn't negate all the things she did I thought it did take the wind out of the sails of Robert's salty ass points lol...

And Robert was a successful musician at that point (I remember he said Lauryn's manager wanted him to audition to be her piano player for their one-off gig, and he was like nah you can listen to my CDs I already put out though lmao) so it wasn't about "he's a struggling musician that can't afford to say no to gigs based on principle alone"...