Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDang now you want to shame my twitter habit? SMH.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305786&mesg_id=13305818
13305818, Dang now you want to shame my twitter habit? SMH.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Jan-10-19 11:24 AM
But for real, I might be a little too heavy on the twitters but I like to think that when I am referring to twitter I am using it as a proxy for public discussion (I probably should have said "twitter, the media and everyone will be talking about".). But twitter is a good indicator to what everyone will eventually be discussing including here and the mainstream media. Which is unfortunate because twitter is also an awful place to try and have a thoughtful nuanced discussion. I think that's why I tend to take topics from there and try to have better discussions here.

As far as linking the jezebel article, wasn't trying to discuss the article, was giving details about the documentary to be released. I linked it for the facts, not the commentary (was there commentary?). I could have used any link discussing the doc but that is the first to pop up in google.

As far as why I am planning to defend MJJ? That's easy I am a fan and I also think he is innocent after researching the allegations. There is already an effort to link him to R Kelly and I think folks should be armed with the facts to push back on that. My kids were singing his songs last night and I want to help protect his legacy.

Do you approve?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"