Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe criticism of Teddy Perkins is very odd.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13246029&mesg_id=13248909
13248909, The criticism of Teddy Perkins is very odd.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Apr-07-18 02:38 PM
We seem to get mostly two camps. Those who didn't get what this episode was trying to say (and there are many theories - some of which I certainly disagree with, but whatever) and those who are the "I watch this show for lighthearted entertainment amongst a group of friends getting into hijinks".

If you didn't like it, you didn't like it. That's cool, and that's your opinion. I've watched many shows/movies where I understood what they were going for but it didn't work for me. But with that said, it's quite obvious Donald Glover & co are shooting for the stars and creating layered episodes that are making social commentary. Again, if that commentary doesn't work for you - cool. But they aren't making this JUST BECAUSE. That New Yorker (?) article should have spelled that out pretty cleanly.

Another thing...if you just want a show with a group of friends trying to make it in the music industry...I guess you could enjoy Atlanta, but understand that was the "Trojan Horse" that Donald referenced in that interview. If you think it's pretentious or stupid, do you - but he literally said that is the entry point for people who wouldn't otherwise let them do this weird shit.