Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMattress Firm money laundering conspiracy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13229969&mesg_id=13229969
13229969, Mattress Firm money laundering conspiracy
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-26-18 02:12 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/mattress-firm-conspiracy-grows-after-accounting-problems-2018-1

Mattress Firm is the largest specialty mattress retailer in the US.

Some argue that the company has too many stores, sometimes in high concentrations.

A comment on Reddit that suggested that Mattress Firm was laundering money went viral on Tuesday but has since been removed.

Mattress Firm's parent company recently disclosed "accounting irregularities," Reuters reported.

If you've ever wondered why there seems to be a Mattress Firm on every corner in your city, you're not alone. But one explanation for this phenomenon is more extreme than you might expect.

On Tuesday, a comment on Reddit claiming that Mattress Firm, the largest specialty mattress retailer in the US, is a money-laundering operation went viral — but it has since been deleted, The Next Web reported.

"Mattress Firm is some sort of giant money laundering scheme," a Reddit user wrote, adding: "I remember seeing 4 mattress firms all on each corner of an intersection once, and there is no way there is such a demand for mattresses."

This caused an outcry on the Reddit thread.

Mattress Firm, which acquired Sleepy's in 2015, now has over 3,500 stores, sometimes in high concentrations. But Reddit users argue that there are too many, especially given that it stocks a product that people typically buy every seven to 10 years.
------------

I laughed.. but then I thought about it. I ain't NEVER seen anyone in any of these Mattress Firm's. lol.

We tried to go into one a few months ago and dude had the front door locked. We had the stroller and everything. Store was supposed to be open but he looked at us like "go away, I'm busy"