Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectc'mon
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13192265&mesg_id=13192415
13192415, c'mon
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Sep-07-17 03:47 PM
>I'm sure there's an underlying of her saying what she did
>wrong but, why would anyone telling the side of the story
>titled something "what I did wrong ?"
>Nah. this what happened..
>
>especially when she was robbed

If Hilary were to release a book that instead focused on lessons learned from the campaign, and it outlined a plan to move forward and learn those lessons...as well as a vision for how to combat gerrymandering, etc??

That is a different story. That is a position of leadership.

That is also something that would help her be more likable.

And like it or not, right or wrong, she isn't very well liked.

Instead, she has put a lot of Dems in the position of having to answer questions about this f*cking book...so do they pi$$ off her passionate supporters or pi$$ off people who don't like her?

And with everything going on right now, and leading up to '18, there is no benefit to having Dems have to answer for a politician who is so unpopular and divisive.

*** Again, I'm not even saying it is fair how unliked she is...but it doesn't matter what is fair...she is very disliked***

So again, either way...this book only helps her (and honestly, it will help Trump at some point rile up his dumba$$ base)

Either way, just wait. Write a book, write 5 books...but let the dust settle. Let the Dems get their sh!t together, let other folks become the face of the party, then go tell your story.

The timing is awful either way.

** And, I'm sorry, it is not "because she is a girl"...it just isn't.

A lot of people who didn't like Hil begged Warren to run. Who doesn't love Kamala? etc, etc.

The "it's because your sexist" is, like Legs said, just as much of a shield as the Bernie thing.

Hilary is not this terrible unlucky victim of Bernie Bros, Russians, Sexists, etc.

There is no doubt that she faced unfair treatment, double standards, and sexism through out the campaign.

But, that isn't the whole story, and it is intellectually dishonest to just chalk everything up to some stereotype.