Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHonestly we were fine until the 4th of July debacle.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13161078&mesg_id=13161168
13161168, Honestly we were fine until the 4th of July debacle.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed May-31-17 11:59 AM
The issues I’ve experienced are more with a complete lack of accountability on their end. They tell you not to complain, not to whine, not to point fingers, but they go so far in stressing personal accountability of you/me/we as consultants that it effectively discourages people from holding them accountable for their own mistakes.

Supposedly they’ve corrected their communication issues but that came far too late for an awful lot of us. We’re not outliers in this.
It’s much more an issue of their policies and practices and the awful, cult-like way they go about training people to believe that the company itself has no bearing on the personal success or failure of the individual. It reminds me a lot of boilerplate GOP propaganda.

We were doing ok until the 4th Of July mishap. We spent a lot of money on inventory that stood little chance of getting a return since the point was to capitalize on the holiday prints. Since they couldn’t be reached to correct the issue AND essentially told everyone to suck it up and deal on the subject in that conference call, that set us back. Then they made changes to the system and the new login they issued to my wife didn’t work, and countless unanswered calls and emails later we got booted for inactivity.
Without those incidents I think we’d have been fine. My wife still would have bounced since sales isn’t her thing but we never saw it as a long term deal anyways.

I don’t want to sway anyone against it based on the product or even the business model itself, but rather on inept policies and the greed that ultimately oversaturated their own market. The current practice of basically stealing people’s inventory under the ruse of a supposedly friendlier/easier return policy though? Yeah that’s crook shit.