Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't think we are winning now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13129295&mesg_id=13130761
13130761, I don't think we are winning now.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Mar-01-17 02:30 PM
I think left of where we currently are is the future and can win. I think all the way left would be a disaster*.

When the far left truly starts building consensus and winning lots of offices, then I will gladly jump on board. You can tease me all you want for being late to the party.

*For example, I think it was great the left pushed the middle from 10 minimum wage to 12 bucks nationwide while encouraging local governments to go to 15. I also think Obama was right to be cautious about a 15 minimum wage nationwide because I doubt Ferriday, LA can support it and the economic data isn't clear what would happen with a nationwide 15 minimum wage. If 12 works then 15 would be an easier sell. If 15 fails because it was rushed then republicans would have justification to change the minimum wage to $5.

>for the record I'm not a fan of Ellison being the head either
>but the Obama pick is business as usual.
>
>but lets stop acting like Obama had a strong coalition after
>he was in office. Obama was great as a candidate but lets not
>act Dems went on a winning streak once he was elected. It's
>been L after L after L.
>
>The Dems have been losing ground for years.
>
>You can keep acting like we are winning but we all know what
>losing feels like bruh. 2012 was a long time ago.
>
>Reaching across the aisle doesn't work. Stop trying to go
>center left and go all the way left because anything else is
>another L.
>
>
>
>
>
>

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"