Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectpersonally, I socialize more w/ casual friends on the net
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13070795&mesg_id=13071454
13071454, personally, I socialize more w/ casual friends on the net
Posted by TRENDone, Tue Sep-20-16 10:41 AM
i went away for college in 2012 and got cool with ppl on a facebook group i'm a member of. i turned 30 and found myself getting along more with FB group members close to my age than 18-23 year olds around me. i've made good friends with it's members irl and they also have a local tv show and community aspect to the group...learned from my mistakes on OKP of course lol.

i have my casual friends with a common interest: sports. i talk with complete strangers every day, but i have no commitment to them. whenever heated topics come up i can slide out of topics without any guilt..."my bad my cousin picked me up" or "my phone died." i don't get phone calls or texts, i get PMs or tagged instead. they have a better gauge of what's going on in my life currently cuz thanks to the FB algorithm, I'm on their timeline more than 4x per day!

ps. driving uber/lyft helped me balance real world and internet relationships better.