Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthat's dope.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12968946&mesg_id=12969040
12969040, that's dope.
Posted by poetx, Fri Feb-05-16 04:14 PM
>So I delivered the strategy presentation for our department
>yesterday and will be thrown on more projects.
>It's good to experience, but if it's not coming with more
>money in the near future I'm soon to be elsewhere.

hrm. don't be too hasty. i guess it's dependent upon your particular corporate culture but in my experience, the expertise and workload recognition come well before getting that love in the paycheck. if you got a short term need (or ability to get it elsewhere like that), go head and rock, but if there's no pressing reason to bounce, at least get that experience under your belt. use that time period between when you start doing N + 1 work and when you start getting N + 1 paper to consolidate your experience, and get some legit project references you can put on your cv. especially if the spot you're at has a good reputation. kinda like forced appreciation in real estate. go head and put in that new marble in the kitchen before you sell the crib, nahmean?

>Speaking of money, taxes, YUCK. We put those W2s together and
>watching that TurboTax counter head the wrong way is just one
>of those gut punches.

yo. i feel for you. we still got a refund, but it is getting smaller and smaller. now with 2.5 kids out of the house, it's gonna be a downward trend. i adjusted my witholdings for next year so i don't get caught out there.

it was good while it lasted, though.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad