Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's.......tricky, and pretty scary.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12967688&mesg_id=12968146
12968146, It's.......tricky, and pretty scary.
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Feb-03-16 06:37 PM
Before even touching on that, I know for sure that a lot of folks on here will be on your head about not wanting your son to play with what's seen as "girls toys." Just beware.

But as for her thinking we're victims...yeah, I notice that especially for L.A. corporate folks, people aren't blatantly racist, but more so non sympathetic towards us in many situations. They victim blame pretty bad, and feel like we must bring on the drama that we get...and WHENEVER they have a chance to prove that it's actually our fault in a situation, they use it against us forever.

Worst thing I heard from someone Asian is that Blacks should be happy that they got a "free ride" here, and that it happened so long ago, we can't possibly feel bad about slavery because it didn't "directly" affect us. And he proceeded to tell me how his grandparents had to sneak over here on a boat, and that some of their friends got killed while doing so. I really wanted to say "but..I thought you were on our side!!!"