Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSo.....being a native, I see things different.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12959997&mesg_id=12960663
12960663, So.....being a native, I see things different.
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jan-21-16 01:36 PM
I can say that it's alllllllll about the circles you're in, the parties and events you go to, all that.

In general, Black women have it harder here and don't get as much attention as they would in the South, or a DC, NY, Chi...even some of the better looking ones. I almost get pissed when I hear girls who look good tell me that they got way more play, even from Black guys, after dyeing their hair blonde, which made them look like some barbies to me.

But even with all of that...Black women who roll with Black folks, go to Black events, live in Black areas, and those who grow up here in the Black communities, they certainly have it MUCH better than those who are only around the Hollywood type of circles. They don't at all have to be dimes, or the baddest in the room...plenty of decent looking "cute" ones will get some play.

Issue is, most Black women who move here are only moving here because of Hollywood, or either they move for corporate and still tend to stay away from anything Black. I met a girl a few months ago from Miami...I was just asking if she had been to Inglewood or Baldwin Hills before, and she tells me, "I haven't..and to be honest, I have no desire to go there."

I have parties all the time, and most of them are 90% Black...and the women surely do get talked to, approached, all that. But whenever I go to those super Hollywood events where it's the "Hollywood ratio," you can tell that they aren't getting nearly as much attention, and if so, it might even be from the White guys.

As I mentioned in this post...the Black girls at this party were by far the most well-behaved, and that's actually part of why they don't get approached as much. The Black dudes were targeting the wild ass White girls and mixed girls who just looked like they were with the widdit...the Black girls just sat there quietly. If they actually were approached by these type dudes, it would only be for sex anyway, so they aren't missing out.