Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: what's your point? you linked up an article that you said thought
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12869392&mesg_id=12870778
12870778, RE: what's your point? you linked up an article that you said thought
Posted by Backbone, Tue Aug-04-15 04:59 AM
>Chinese medicine began under Mao and that wasn't true at all
>(just like Martial Arts didn't begin under Mao even though he
>made it part of his cultural revolution) so now you're
>deflecting...

No, my point is that "Traditional Chinese Medicine" didn't exist as such before Mao. There were lots of folk remedies all over the place, like anywhere else really, and Mao decided to repackage them as TCM because he didn't succeed in getting enough medically trained doctors to cover the huge population that he was supposed to lead into a better future. He basically figured that a mass-scale placebo effect was better than admitting to his people that his healthcare plans never quite took off. And people in the West are eating that shit up because they pretty much think that Asians are unicorn wizards. If there's anything in "T"CM that works, it's thanks to the broken clock principle.

>Just make sure you know what you're talking abt before you
>attempt to discredit something that's been proven to heal ppl
>oven 100s of centuries

100s of centuries? So now they've been curing cancer in China for tens of thousands of years all of a sudden? And it's *proven*? I must really have no clue indeed, thanks for enlightening me.