Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: It's foe if we are going to be completely honest. If you're black.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12863975&mesg_id=12864328
12864328, RE: It's foe if we are going to be completely honest. If you're black.
Posted by double 0, Mon Jul-27-15 09:54 AM
The history of police reform has almost always been against corruption...

As a whole.... the American system.. built on rape pillaging and racism, as most colonist systems, is built on dehumanizing and controlling the people at the bottom.

People aren't becoming cops today because they want to be in the Slave Patrol.. I'd argue most people do because it's a job (with a pension) they can get with a low barrier to entry...

If we raise that barrier I think we can see progress

re: Destroying the system. Revolution w/o a plan always leads to an undesired result (see middle east)... so unless you have a plan.. cant destroy the system.. what will replace it is usually worse

As it pertains to black people and the police though.. we CAN actually reform that system. Whether it be by subversion (make everyone join the force)..

Or government steps in and forces a national reform of the system.

or.. some other shit I couldn't think of in 2 minutes.. but yea... we can't change history but we can deal with today..

There is also that pesky war on drugs we can get rid of..