Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJodeci
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12812432&mesg_id=12812582
12812582, Jodeci
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri May-22-15 10:34 AM
Every Moment (yep...)
------------------------------
Charlie Wilson has been killing it as the 6th man on a lot of songs recently. Especially Tyler's hilarious song, "Fucking Young". I still don't know how or why Uncle Charlie agreed to it, but at the song's climax... dude is just on another plane. I can't stop rewinding it.

He's basically the Ghostface Killah to Snoop's Raekwon on that BUSH album as well...

Get On Up
After months of pacing back and forth, and "test runs" of the most difficult parts, the Volvo has a new car stereo. But not just that, I dropped flush mount ports for USB/AUX/HDMI in the center console under the arm rest. I had to open it all back up yesterday, because the left side USB/AUX port was wobbly and I needed to secure it. Only thing I couldn't get to work was the steering wheel controls, but after my 3rd call to the shop that sold the box to me, I think I should be ready to go with that again today.

Except for the fact that the stereo can't be turned off except by the ignition/key, and that stupid nag screen every time you turn it on, this thing blows the old one out of the water. Those long road trips are gonna be GDLK.

I've been installing my own stereo in this car since I got this one Sony deck that did Bluetooth and iPod, but this one, I'm proud of. I know how to take apart the interior like a Volvo master tech now, LOL.

It's Alright
Too much of my clothes look like a kid trying to wear his dad's clothes lately. I need to seriously clean out the closet. I went out to pick up a few things yesterday and I had to keep adjusting the collar so my shirt didn't fall off.

Incredible
People are complaining about the first digit of the high temperature in May being a 6, but as long as it's blue and clear like it is right now, I could not care less...

Better this than 80 degrees plus...

My Heart Belongs To U
I hope I get to get out to a few cities/towns I haven't seen in the last few years. The "Out of Hibernation" tour is about to be for real.

>So I've been having the worst of worse coolant leaks from my
>beloved Volkswagen POOReg--- For the longest no one could find
>the leak. One place tried to tell me it was the head gasket
>but I knew (in my heart of hearts and the depths of my pockets
>I prayed) this was not the case. I drove the car like this
>throughout the winter, simply replacing the fluid damn near
>every other day until this past week. The leak was getting so
>bad that I would've been better off pouring the antifreeze
>directly on the ground because that's exactly where it was
>going.
>
>Anyway---I ended up stopping at this shop ran by a bunch of
>Mexicans around the corner from the crib. Everything in the
>joint was in Spanish. The mechanics barely spoke english. I
>got frustrated trying to explain what was going on.
>
>But guess what? Language barrier aside---they found the leak
>and fixed that muhphucka. It ended up being a broken plastic
>clip near the coolant sensor. They also fixed a turbo vacuum
>hose that they previous owner tried to fix with some silicone.
>
>
>Now the POOReg is getting exceptional gas mileage and speed.
>
>Zooooooooooooooooooooooooom.
>
>and I got new mechanics that only charged me $60 p/labor hr.

Ain't that a great thing? I feel like dancing when I get a come up like that. And I don't dance (© MC Eiht)