Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI come from an education snob background, sort of;
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12777740&mesg_id=12777898
12777898, I come from an education snob background, sort of;
Posted by lonesome_d, Fri Apr-10-15 11:31 AM
the kind that doesn't think of itself as judgmental but always judges based on the school attended or something similar. So it took me a while to figure out that the quality of someone's education is not necessarily reflective of his or her intelligence.

In the end the only big intellectual turnoff for me was mental laziness, lack of curiosity. A prime example I've mentioned on here before was a girl who asked me in before our date to see pictures from her trip to Borneo. I asked her which country she'd visited, and she said 'uhhh... Borneo.'

It was a good sign that she'd been there; travel, especially to relatively undervisited (by Americans) parts of the world, is usually a great sign of curiosity. And I could easily forgive most people not knowing that Borneo is not a country, since it's not exactly on most people's radar. But to have been there and not even grasped what country she was in... not good. The date went downhill from there.