Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat i'd do: I'd ask her if she wanted to see me, in all my gay glory.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12685661&mesg_id=12686956
12686956, What i'd do: I'd ask her if she wanted to see me, in all my gay glory.
Posted by Marla, Tue Dec-30-14 10:38 AM
Because I was gonna be the same gay me no matter what she said. I'd be gay on the phone, in letters, in pictures, in person, and in memory. Gay all day. If all she see when she looks at me is gay, and she has a problem with it the she need not see me. Doesn't matter when it happened it won't change, and I won't be changing it.

Or the passive aggressive method:
I'd follow her around reminding her of her sins and where she fell short of perfection.

Most ridiculous thing I've heard is that my cousin was gay because he spent so much time with his mother growing up. All that motherly love made him gay. I suppose he wouldn't be gay had his mom just neglected him a little more.

People can be stupid, ignorant, full of themselves, closed-minded, judgmental, hurtful, and mean. Yet they are still related to somebody. Your mom is a person and capable of being any or all of those things. You decide whether you're going to deal with her or not. There are a myriad of other ways to be miserable during the holidays. Sometimes you ha e to give up on the idea of a perfect parent and deal with what you've got. Then you have to deal with them adult to adult. Other times you have to be willing to draw a line in the sand and stick to it no matter the consequences. People suck that way.