Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSome additional words on the subject
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12670463&mesg_id=12670914
12670914, Some additional words on the subject
Posted by MEAT, Tue Dec-09-14 06:19 PM
We used to think that if they didn't call maybe they'd lost our number, or that there's had changed.

Now there's facebook, email, twitter, instagram what not.

It helped me to know that all of those things existed and not once had I heard from her. So obviously it wasn't a matter of ability but a matter of want.

I reached out a few years ago before getting into my current relationship. Someone on here had made a post about going to facebook and noticing a friend had recently died and didn't even know.

So I emailed about that situation, nothing to reconnect (probably a little) but mainly to see if she was alive. No response. And I've been moving forward since.

She'll pop up every now and then. Old numbers pop up in the iphone (you have to select and then clear recent entries), removed from facebook, occasionally when going through old albums I have to delete comments or pictures.

She'll never be gone from my memory, but she has no place in my present and as you too move forward from your situation I hope for the best.

Maybe think of it like staying sober? You don't have to stay sober the rest of your life, just for today.

Good luck.