Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: charlotte.........well, it depends...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12649932&mesg_id=12670012
12670012, RE: charlotte.........well, it depends...
Posted by tully_blanchard, Tue Dec-09-14 08:41 AM
If you're looking for anything to do...and I mean ANYTHING..you're out of luck.

It's extremely clique-ish..and thats for everything.

You want to get on Djing somewhere? You better know somebody
You want to put your art up/have an art show? You better know somebody

You just want to find out where "the cool kids go"? You better know somebody

And even then, theres not much variety in what there is to do. You can go to this bar.....or that bar....or that one over there.

You like listening to hip-hop in a public setting? Theres ONE venue for that.

You wanna just chill with your lady in a lounge-type environment? Good luck..

And dont get me started on the "public transportation". Its pointless..friggin pointless.

You want to find a good sports bar to have good sports conversation? Forget it. Most fans at the Panthers game dont know that youre supposed to be the hell quiet when we have the ball...but donr worry about that lasting all game...they leave before the third quarter is over.

You dig music festivals? Well then, you're in luck! The annual Speed Street Festival should do you right! Three days of Coors light drinkin' NASCAR fans invade the city to hear the likes of Trace Adkins, Three Doors Down and whoever else is the new "hot country act". The "Black Night" is on Thursday...the first night of the festival. Headliners in years past have included Jon B, Midnight Starr, and last year it was a Michael Jackson cover band.

Wanna take the kids out? Lets see...you got....Discovery Place...uhh...the new jawn down the street from there...uhh..oh! The Nature Museum, where they still have the owls and snakes that were there when I was elementary school.

You dont go to church on the regular? Prepare to NOT fit in with your co-workers.

I LOVE my friends and family in Charlotte...but I would never, ever move back. For those who havent been in a while, nothings changed.

We covered by the Blood which never loose it's power

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr