Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectA fine ending, but this is the first episode that's disappointed me.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=85169&mesg_id=85352
85352, A fine ending, but this is the first episode that's disappointed me.
Posted by stravinskian, Wed Jun-18-14 11:39 AM

I guess it's easier to wind up the tension than it is to release it in an interesting way. The movie ended with such poetry and vision, and this just seemed to tie everything in a bow. The bad guys died, the good guys are enjoying Deal or No Deal. It's unfair to expect the show to live up to the movie, but it's also a testament to the quality of the show that I actually expected it to.

Malvo's end was masterful. As you can see from my posts above, I didn't expect him to die, but they did it better than I imagined was possible. Best thing about the episode.

Lester's downfall felt random and anticlimactic. Fitting, I guess, but I expected more.

Cool how they played the music from the movie right at the end. That knockoff music they've done in the show has been driving me mad.

Despite all my sudden qualms, I loved the series, and I hope to god they figure out a way to do a second season.