Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectagreed, though like True Detective, the story concluding is bittersweet
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=85169&mesg_id=85340
85340, agreed, though like True Detective, the story concluding is bittersweet
Posted by mashpg89, Wed Jun-18-14 10:08 AM
I knew it had to end, but I didn't want it to. It was a great season of television and the whole cast knocked it out the park. My only issues with it were Key & Peele being too hammy and out of place for the show and the whole subplot with Oliver Platt seemed unnecessary. The season could have easily been done in 8 episodes. Glad we got a happy ending though.

My one question with the finale: How did Lester end up in Montana? He called the cops as soon as Malvo arrived, and along with tons of officers being sent to his house, Lester had no car to escape in. No way they would have taken him into custody, heard the tapes, and then let him go. Only explanation is he escaped but I don't see how considering the time frame.

I hope the internet can unearth the case that this was based off of and we can find out more about the true story. Also hoping they renew for a second season (which they haven't yet) because the creator said he had ideas for two seasons.