Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectRE: Flash-centered stuff has always been a fun ride.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=84945&mesg_id=84989
84989, RE: Flash-centered stuff has always been a fun ride.
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Oct-15-14 12:01 PM
>enjoying this a lot sofar.
>and im a Tom Cavanagh stan since way back (Ed is my co-fav
>show of all times), cool to see him play this kinda character.
>right now i'm 50/50 on if he's all-out evil or is actually
>helping Barry out in his own twisted way cos of his future
>forecasting abilities.

agreed. Cavanagh is great as Wells. And it's good to see him play a non-comedic role. He's done it before. But here, he's fantastic.

>overall, i love how open-hearted and on-the-sleeve the
>emotional moments were in this ep, spesh b/w Barry and Joe. it
>bordered on cheese in the pilot but felt realer in this ep.
>the spesh efx have been great! could tell they modeled the
>clamactic scene after the Burly Brawl somewhat.

YUP. I really like the emotional moments here more than I do on Arrow. On Arrow, they feel forced in a lot of respects (mainly because not everyone in the cast can pull them off well...I love Stephen Amell, but emotional moments for him look like a struggle). But they work here.

>
>i think in terms of how long they should hold out before Iris
>find out Barry's alias should follow the same path as Arrow:
>not long.
>
>V.

Not only that. But Candice Patton (Iris) said in an interview she has her own run-in with one of the show villains in Episode 6 and she hinted that it may be surprising how Iris deals with him in addition to her and Felicity meeting I think in tonight's crossover episode...i think that's tonight.

The Flash is a great show and an example of how a superhero tv show looks like it's getting it RIGHT.

NOW, IF NBC'S CONSTANTINE comes hard like I'm hoping it will, then DC Comics TV will be three for three with tv shows...

Marvel will still be tops with the Netflix shows they're doing next year....Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. though? yeesh...