Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectI was happy with this.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=82856&mesg_id=83202
83202, I was happy with this.
Posted by Kahlema, Mon May-18-15 02:47 PM
We got a lot of generally positive closure (minus Betty), and at the same time, if this weren't the finale, it could continue, which is the beauty of this final episode.

Some of my favorite highlights:

- Roger telling Joan that he's marrying Marie " “I met her through Megan Draper,” he tells Joan. “She’s old enough to be her mother. Actually she is her mother.”

- Betty and Don's tear-jerking phone call. The way he said Birdie...felt like all his regret, guilt and sorrow packed into that one word. Too bad he couldn't bring himself to change his ways, treat it like a new day and REALLY take care of his kids.

- Joan kicking that old sugar daddy to the curb. He was full of hang ups and negativity. Good for her. I liked seeing her taking control of her destiny; too bad Pegs wasn't down for a Harris Olsen joint venture.

- Peggy and Stan's surprising love for one another. That took me by surprise. When Peggy said she never thought of him before, I thought "damn, that's cold!" But then she somehow comes to the realization that she likes him. Crazy. I don't know if she really is in love with Stan but they make a great pair and Stan is good for her feisty ass.

- When Don calls Peggy and they have another great heart to heart. How she tells him nothing he's done could be that bad. She helped him confess his "sins" and get beyond it imp. Then that group hippie therapy thing, miraculously, brought his actualization out aka gave his life as Don Draper new purpose. (I'll admit That Coke commercial almost went over my head with his last meditating smirk. Lol.) sure beats a sad/bad ending that some predicted.