Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectYeah...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=82856&mesg_id=82883
82883, Yeah...
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Mon Apr-06-15 04:36 PM
that moment where she said 'If you're dressed like that, what did you expect?', I was shocked.

But it seemed that feminism wasn't at the point of avoiding victim blaming. Correct me if I'm wrong but the notion of a woman in a corporation or anywhere commanding power in a business and still wanting respect for her femininity is a recent development. Maybe in the last ten years, right?

As far as the two of them, like another poster said one has always been jealous or shaking their head at the lack of savvy of the other. (Joan coaxing Peggy to play up her sexuality in S1, Peggy wanting to be a copywriter or be more than a secretary...etc.)

That moment in the elevator was shocking as far as the politics involved, but considering their history personally, I can't be surprised.

Also, why was Peggy so oblivious to the behavior of the Marshall Field execs. Old Peggy would have given it back to them just on general principal. She kind of became a company wo(man) at that point.