Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectI've come to hate all of it. All of it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=81615&mesg_id=81977
81977, I've come to hate all of it. All of it.
Posted by mrhood75, Tue May-19-15 01:30 AM
They've taken the Sand Snakes/Dorne plot and completely ruined it. And they're dragging down Jamie in the process. Bronn is the only thing that makes it slightly worth watching.

Reducing the Sparrows' ascendance/presence in King's Landing to "They hate teh gays" reduces their impact. And they've marginalized about all of the Tyrells. The Queen of Thorns is the only one that escapes unscathed.

They've given Stannis' story the short shrift. Having him win the loyalty of the tribes of the North and take back Deepwood Motte would have been kind of cool, would have helped show him learning how to lead, and could have included Asha/Yara, who is a great character. Having him march with Davos, Melissandre, and family makes it all less interesting. The story really misses Davos at White Harobr and particularly the scene with him and Wyman Manderly. The show could really use the Manderlys and the Freys, showing how fucking despised they've become post-Red Wedding.

They've made me hate the shit in Mereen even more than I did in the book, which is saying something. And, yes, it thoroughly pisses me off that they killed Baristan Selmy for no reason, as they ruined him and the Unsullied as characters/forces in the process. In fact, it appears the only reason they did killed Barristan is to preserve the romance between Grey Worm and Missendei that no one gives a fuck about.

And yes, they made the rape seem gratuitous. Far be it from me to agre with 1,000 think-pieces, but none of it has been earned. And the whole plot to set it up is incredibly out-of-character for Littlefinger, even with the meeting between him and Cersei. The only, ONLY theory that I've read that could make it lead to anything worth the time is that they're setting up Sansa to be Lady Stoneheart, instead of her mother. But truthfully, I'd rather just have the real thing and Sansa learn the Game from Littlefinger at the Vale.

So yeah, this show is really starting to blow. And truthfully, the main person I blame is Martin, who can't finish these books and give these nimrods the proper directions.