Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectTyrion vs. Shae
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=81615&mesg_id=81802
81802, Tyrion vs. Shae
Posted by SammyJankis, Mon May-12-14 01:44 PM
OK so we got that amazing scene last night of Shae testifying against Tyrion. Man that scene broke my heart, Peter Dinklage's acting was amazing. Sibel Kekilli was kind of rough in the acting but the words themselves and Tyrions reaction sold it.

However, what I'm wondering is if when he kills her (if the show is going there) will that still have some of the show watchers rooting for Tyrion. Of course in the books Shae is portrayed a bit differently. Her motivations on the page were about that dollar but on the show they portrayed it as a mutual love affair and her reasons for betraying him was more about her being scorned because he called her a just a whore to him. Him killing her in the book made the act seem more justifiable because it was a real betrayal but I've heard another book reader on a podcast said that him killing her in this context of her being a scorned women will make Tyrion who's been a favorite and sort of a hero type seem more like a villain and evil character.

My thing is a betrayal is a betrayal regardless of why she betrayed him because he only tried to save her, she wasn't listening when he was trying to tell her nicely so he had to hit her with that hard truth. Either way she still gotta go.

What y'all think?