Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectThoughts...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=81615&mesg_id=81779
81779, Thoughts...
Posted by SammyJankis, Mon May-05-14 09:04 AM
I like that the Vail is being brought back into the show, I kind of liked those Sansa chapters at at the last part of Book 3 and crazy as Lysa is funny. I also liked that little sly look that Lysa gave to Petyr when Sansa spoke about the "Lanisters" killing Jon Aryn. However I do have a nitpick about a change from the book to the show. I don't like how they quickly revealed that it was Lysa on command by Little Finger to poison Jon Aryn and write the letter to Catelyn thereby starting this whole shitstorm into motion. It just seemed almost like a throwaway line, even more so by making it apart of a comedic plea by Lysa to get married at that very moment and having the High Septon right behind the door. In the books it seemed like much more an emotional reveal and a big what the fuck moment at least for me.

How did y'all feel about it.

I guess we'll be seeing Marillion soon though.

I'm also curious about the slight change made to Cersei and Margaery's relationship. When she went up there and pretty much made nice with her I expected Cersei to be pissed. Of course this could all be some kind of subterfuge and it will still play out the same way though.

I was still holding out hope for Coldhands I guess that part has fully gone to Jojen Reed after all.

I also wonder how Jorah is going to be found out to be a intial traitor to Dany. Maybe Varys somehow gets a message to Ser Barriston.

All and all it was a good episode.

Oh yea one more thing, technically didn't Jon Snow just light the biggest fire the north has ever seen? I wonder if burning Crastor's Keep was the plan. OK Mance had no way of knowing about... but Mance did have a Warg so it wouldn't be much of a leap to think that he had a Seer too. It might not come out like that but I think it's a interesting speculation.