Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subject
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=81615&mesg_id=81762
81762, How can I fuck the Stark children? Let me count the ways…
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Apr-30-14 09:59 AM
^^^^^Seems like that’s a more fitting title to the series. The many misfortunes of the Stark kids seems to be the underlying theme of everything thus far. It seems very villains dick gets rock hard whenever he’s near a Stark kid and has a chance to do them some harm.

The shit started with Bran getting thrown out a window. Then Aria got put in a bad spot for justly whooping Goffrey’s ass, which lead to the death of Sansa’s wolf.

-Aria and Sansa were present for Neds beheading. Aria had to sit there and wait on Tywin hand and foot while he talked about killing her brother. Aria’s always been a badass, but the innocence behind her toughness is pretty much lost forever and while it’s great to see her as this tough-as-nails twelve year old who doesn’t hesitate to ice a scumbag, it’s awful that she’s even in that situation. I kind of hope they do away with the blinding angle for the show. No reason to pile on more despair for the show, right?

-Sansa got setup with Goffrey, who emotionally abused her with the death of her father and brother to the bitter end. Then she got wed off to a dwarf. Now she’s stuck with Little Finger, and who knows what he’s foul shit he’s got up his sleeve. Sansa’s aunt probably won’t give two shits about her and my guess is she views her as comp for Little Finger. Further, Sansa and Aria basically separated on bad terms.

-Jon basically spent his life being emotionally abused by Kathryn (or was it Katelin? I forget), went to the wall, and has had to deal with all manner of treachery ever since.

-Rob fucked himself and by extension, his entire family for an admittedly pretty piece of ass. Hell, we even watched one Stark child get stabbed to death before he/she was even born because he saw a pretty face and had too much honor to cut her loose while having too LITTLE honor to, well, honor his prior agreement with…. Whoever the fuck that guy was with the ugly ass daughters, and in doing so signed his own death warrant. Too many names to count at this point.

Even the Stark Ward, Theon, who by now certainly realizes and regrets his betrayal, has been abused in appalling ways. Talk about insult to injury. After being castrated and flayed, he’s gone from the ward of the great, honorable Ned Stark- essentially the best treated prisoner in the history of prisoners in real or fictional worlds, to the constantly abused bitch of a bastard from a B-grade house.

-Where the fuck is the other Stark kid, for that matter? The youngest one with the wildling? Anyhow, Bran is in a bad way and given who he’s been captured by and the history of the show, it wouldn’t shock me if he’s been raped a few times by Karl and his men before Jon shows up and they still don’t get to see each other.

I love stories that are dark and bleak and unrelenting, but holy shit… this show is on a few other levels with that. Throw us a bone and let Jon ride to Bran’s rescue, let Ghost and Bran’s wolf get free to eat Locke and Karl’s face off , and let’s get some fucking palpable hope for the Stark kids for once.