Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectThe Little Finger plot from a book reader vs. show watcher perspective
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=81615&mesg_id=81713
81713, The Little Finger plot from a book reader vs. show watcher perspective
Posted by SammyJankis, Thu Apr-24-14 10:46 AM
It seems like the general consensus from the podcasts I listen to and some of the articles that I've read all from non book readers is that Little Finger was the one that plotted to killed Joffery with Olenna and Dontos as accomplices. Of course us book readers know that to be true but my struggle with it is that it didn't seem to be made all that clear in the show to me.

In the show Dontos gave Sansa the necklace but didn't tell her wear it at the wedding as in the book. Oleena was shown to be fiddling with the necklace but it wasn't clear that a stone was missing from it as it was with the hairnet in the book. Also Little Finger didn't outright say that he was the mastermind of the plot as he did in the book. He just broke the necklace to point out it was a fake and told Sansa she would be thought of as an accomplice but that wasn't a admission of his guilt just stating the obvious. Maybe I'm missing something but I watched it twice and I don't understand how the non book readers got there even if its true. It just bothers me for some reason.

What do y'all think?