Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectJust on a base level
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=81615&mesg_id=81679
81679, Just on a base level
Posted by Dae021, Mon Apr-21-14 03:00 PM
Forcibly taking some ass on the body of their dead son changes people. As a character you can not fuck with someone, like the thrill is gone that's cold blooded by Cersei but you deal. Jaime's upset the woman he loves and has loved literally all his life no longer wants him. The relationship is strained you're drifting and never to get back to that point before he was captured.

To rape that person creates a very different relationship, its not only no longer love, but she's now been forcibly taken by her brother/lover/truest companion. I get that they need to create separation between the two characters but having a damn rape scene is real heavy handed and what seems to be not at all in dudes character when it comes to Cersei.

I get that you have to deviate from the book and I have no problem with that, btu what i do have a problem with is to deviate in a way that I feel is unnecessary. Now granted the writers are generally to be trusted with how they interpret and reinterpret these characters, but I feel there is a better way to do that other than a rape scene. That's just me.