Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectI heard about it, but missed the episode
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=81615&mesg_id=81667
81667, I heard about it, but missed the episode
Posted by BigReg, Mon Apr-21-14 08:35 AM
but since its' OKP, ill debate it anyway.

If its to showcase that despite him turning 'good' Jamie's...ie he's still the dude that murdered his cousin in cold blood just for a CHANCE to escape a temporary prison, then ill allow it.

If it's to "humanize" Cersei who's been on quite an evil run, then it's also problematic. One because it's a very cheap and lazy way to garner sympathy. Two, if the show wanted to remind you that the life of a woman was overall shit in those pseudo middle ages then again, a cheap and lazy way of sending that message (plus, we already had the near rape that the hound stopped in the first episode, along with them feeding the peasant girl to the dogs in the second one, lol).

As far as the article is concerned, I always thought the Drogo scene played better then it was in the book. What's worse, a grown ass man fucking a 14 year old virgin but she 'likes it' as played in the book or a relatively rough rapey scene to kind of show how fucked up the dynamic is. The later falling in love stuff though, lolz...although the "Drogo is dreamy" sentiment that seemed to be a popular internet meme makes me hard to call it. It's a matter of whats the worse evil, a 14 year old happily engaged in concentual non-consent with a man twice her age, or a very questionable rapey scene that the characters put behind them, lol.

Funny enough, I think the only consensual transaction free sex we've seen on the show has been gay sex. The gay mafia strikes again!

>Just stupid
>Smh*
>
>http://www.avclub.com/article/rape-thrones-203499
>
>~~~~
>When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so
>that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
>~~~~
>You cannot hate people for their own good.