Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectRE: I enjoyed it but I do feel a certain way
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=76442&mesg_id=76456
76456, RE: I enjoyed it but I do feel a certain way
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Apr-05-13 11:13 AM
>about Mads being Hannibal. Probably because i'm so use to
>Hopkins being Hannibal. The accents are different, he's less
>charismatic.
>

Yea, I have to get used to Mads. But, then I realize that this is Fuller's interpretation of Hannibal and he clearly wants hannibal to be more along the lines of being cool, calm, detached and all that...

this is happening before lechter gets caught, etc. so this is supposed to be occurring at a point in which Hannibal is younger, etc. (though the narrative is taking place in present day)...

So, Hannibal should be less on the puns and more on the getting to know Will, etc. since it seems like Lechter is intrigued by Will and wants to get know him...

we all know what happened to Will, so i assume the show will explore what led up to that in it's own way.

But, shout out to Bryan Fuller...he was giving Grand Guginol type horror dream sequences...exactly what I need right now.

I know folk are put off by the dream sequences but I love them.

It was a solid ep, but Laurence Fishburne kinda hammed it up...i hear he gets better in later eps...

>However, its' very interesting.
>I got a headache so i can't give a great review but it was
>good.

NBC better not FUCK THIS UP...this is *THEIR* prestige show. it really is.

I hope folk tuned in, but NBC y'all got a damn good gem on your hands...treat them like you've treated parenthood-a critical darling not getting high ratings but you keep it because it gives the network *THAT* amount of prestige since mostly everything else you have on is a fucking joke....