Go back to previous topic
Forum nameR.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006)
Topic subject1 Love Jay Dee
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=27&topic_id=2928
2928, 1 Love Jay Dee
Posted by Magnif, Sat Feb-25-06 02:52 AM
It cant b real, I neva thought this day would come, its kinda like how u look up to someone as a kid growing up and u just think that person is invincable. I cant even explain how much I looked up to Jay, he changed the way I listen to music, it was certain shit that didnt sound the same after I was introduced to his music. I learned so much just from sitting back and listening and then getting a chance to work with him was a dream come true, a day I wished for a long time ...... I remeber when I first met Jay it was crazy to me because he was mad humble, I didnt expect that at all because he was held so high and he had CRAZY swagger on the mic, he even thanked me for choosing his production im thinking to myself like does he really know who he is. After that we would build from time to time, it was great for me cause i never had a chance to build with anyone that I looked up to that much, He really looked out and pushed for Lawless,niggas dont even know the half, I never imagined that I would have the person who I grew up listening to rhyming over one of my tracks, I had 2 play that shit like a million times,Thankyou for the great music, being a great person and friend, and for all the inspiration ......... We lost one of the greatest musicians ever, and I hope people outside of okayplayer will recognize that one day, I will do my best to spread the word and thats forreal........ where do we go 4 inspiration

1 Love Jay ..........I got you

DETROIT STAND UP
2929, Word
Posted by Afrolingo, Sat Feb-25-06 07:11 AM
R.I.P. Jay Dee
2930, :)
Posted by djradius, Sat Feb-25-06 03:28 PM
2931, keep on.
Posted by Majik43, Sat Feb-25-06 08:01 PM

"Exploited by many, understood by few" - J-Live