Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: Lol, that goes both ways plair
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=37422&mesg_id=38119
38119, RE: Lol, that goes both ways plair
Posted by Mr. Sirreal, Fri Jul-18-08 06:43 AM
>Cats running on here with three posts yelling "check my
>beats! :-( " is exactly what slows veteran heads down from
>even logging in.
>
>You want people to listen? Put in a little work. Welcome to
>OKP!

Yo Real Soon,

Everyone starts with 1 post. Consider this an early post from my future career as a OKP internet message board veteran. Maybe one day I won't login because someone who just joined wants feedback on their tracks. Who knows...in the end, its all about the music:

--"Audio Warlord"-- I dig the music in this intro for your soundtape. I even get how the juxtaposed vocal scatting is used as an audio metaphor for machine guns. I think a couple phrases in your monologue need to be removed ASAP 2 better suit the conceptual qualities of the soundtape and this intro. I had a long explanation for why, but I erased it, mainly because text can come off as unkind and cold. I just want u 2 please remove specific phrases, which I will list (along with when they show up in the song) and listen 2 tha track again with pauses in place of where the phrases use to be and tell me it dosen't honestly sound better: "I've got nothing 2 say right hear (1:09)" and "I..don't know (1:24)."

--"Roame"-- This is my favorite track. I like the use of the sample. Ur rhymes aren't bad at all. Nice storytelling track. I think u should turn up the hook +3db, "when in Rome do as the Romans do." Also pan the 1st half of the hook all the way 2 tha left and the second half all the way 2 tha right. Leave the echo.

--"Dumhi Toast Remix"-- A fun track about bein' the toast of the town and alcohol metaphors. I think this track is alright. I like the addition of the singer on the track.

--"Sounded Wracked"-- Instrumental track wit' Eastern Flutes/Ouds and drum patterns but played by Western percussion sounds. I am not sure if u did that intentionally. Pretty good mix. One thing that I would have tried is to solo certain elements and then build the track back up all the way only 2 end it abbruptly.

--Random Grow Up Remix-- I like how u brought those very first synth sounds between when dude is 1st speaking and before the 1st hook back into the last verse. I also like the outro because intelligence never went out of style.

--Squeeze Real Soon Remix-- This beat is effective, but I would have liked 2 hear the beat take a unexpected direction during the bridge. Sometime near the end of the 2nd verse. It sounds like a big loop after awhile.

Overall, I think that u got talent and solid tracks. Keep makin' music

PIECE,

Sirreal

I do not use drugs, I am drugs

http://myspace.com/immrsirreal